Restart Button Screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusader

In Runtime
Hey i have a comp that was made cheaply by someone i dont know.Anyway the restart button on the case doesnt work. This must be something to do with inside the case. What should i be looking for inside the case and how would i fix this. Do i need some hardware or is it wiring?
I know its kinda of hard with out actually knowing the situation inside but its not mine and i dont have acess to it currently but any comments
will be appreciated.
Cheers

I've noticed alot of builders don't connect the reset button.You'd have to look inside and find the wire coming from the front of the case and attach it to the proper place on the mobo.

Pull the case cover off. Look at the 20 pin connector and find pin 14 (the green wire). One trick is the use of a paper clip: insert the reconfigured paper clip into the green wire (pin 14) and jumper to either pin 15 or 13 (the black ground wires). Make sure that when you insert the paper clip that you are 1) not holding it 2) the power supply is disconnected from the wall (or the rear of the PSU). Once the paper clip is inserted, make sure the power supply on/off switch is in the off positoin and plug in the power cable to the PSU or back into the wall. Then turn the power switch on at the PSU. If it is the Mobo power switch that is the problem, the system will power on. Essentially, what you have done is bypass the power switch on your case by jumpering the Mobo to "power on" at the 20 pin connector. If it is a 24 pin connector, read your mobo manual to determine which connector is the correct one to jumper.

you need to discharge yourself by touching metel before you touch compents, or use a antistatic wristband. make sure you take your socks off and dont work on carpet if possiable. hope this helps. btw where did you buy it from?thanks

Oh ok cool i have an anti-static wristband and ill keep off carpet and keep my socks off. So thanks a lot for that. I got it off trademe,its a New Zealand site. It has lots of stuuf not just comps. You should go their if you live in NZ. But anyway thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom