Resolution issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
I have a computer with a MSI motherboard (MS-7253) and I can't get a 24 in monitor, with a resolution of 1920x1200 to go to that resolution. I tried installing the drivers over again and nothing has worked so far. I can go into the video management program that comes with the motherboad, and set the resolution manually to 1920x1200, but it runs off the screen. Any ideas?

It might not be able to go that high. Did you get drivers directly from nvidia/ati?

Might want to try driver sweeper.

The onboard card might not be able to go that high? That is what I thought at first, but i can set it there, it just doesn't work on the monitor correctly for some reason. And it will only go there with 16 bit color, not 32 bit. i got the drivers from MSI, because it is onboard graphics.

The next issue is that a separate card would probably do this well, but* the case is tiny, and I am fairly certain a card won't fit.

I will try drive sweeper tonight. I am assuming you are talking about this one:
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Yes. If you look carefully on the board, you will see a chip that says what card you have and what version, go to the manufacturer and download drivers from them.

Thanks for all the help. I found an old PCI-e card laying around in my old PC stuff. It is working correctly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom