Resizing a partition. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2006, 03:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Resizing a partition.

What I'm trying to do is add more space to my Linux OS's partition from my WinXP's (NTFS). However I'm unable to resize the 153gb (91.5gb free) partition with Partition Manager 7.0 Professional and even the Linux OS's installation partition tool.

Basically, I try to apply the changes and after the system reboots no changes actually happen. But I was able to resize a FAT32 partition (My recovery partition) very easily.

I'm only trying to make a small slice (15gb) out of the NTFS partition to transfer to the ReiserFS partition, so I really see no reason why this shouldn't work.

I'm really stumped. Help?

Thanks for your time.

Also, if this topic is the wrong section feel free to move. I just thought my partitions had to do with my HD, and that might be why I'm having this problem.

EDIT: I'm thinking this is because I need to defregment my partition. I've already done this once (through the my computer - manage - defragmenter tool), and need to do it several more times.

If you do not think this is the problem, please tell. I will update on what happens later.
Closed Thread