Repeatedly getting this error..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlKnudsen

Solid State Member
I'm not sure what it's all about .. RAM I think ..

I had gotten it a while back quite a bit, but I took it to a friend and he fixed it for me, over the course of a few days but he doesn't remember what he did :-\ .. Any suggestions are welcome .. here goes:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: E:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:00710BD5

The instruction at "0x00710BD5" referenced memory at "0x07A40780".
The memory could not be "written".

1.Make sure your chipset drivers are up-to-date.

2.defraggment ur HD

3.ook through ur wow folder. run "repair.exe" and it should repair the problem

4.Try running the game in openGL mode:

- Click Start
- Highlight Programs
- Highlight World of Warcraft without clicking on it.
- Right click on the World of Warcraft icon
- Click Properties
- In the Target field add -opengl after the quotation mark
Example: "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe" -opengl
- Click OK
- Try the game now with the icon you just modified.

5. close ur background applications

6. people have reported that hard drives larger
than 127 gigabytes in size can have issues if you do not have the latest Windows Updates from Microsoft

7. if u have overclocked any hardware this may be an issue because ur HD is working its fullest

8. do a memory test to see if u hav any problems
oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

9. ur system may be overheating this may cause it it to crash

10.Try disabling the sound card, by following these steps:
- Right click on My Computer and select properties.
- (Windows 2000 only) Click on the Hardware tab.
- Click on Device manager.
- Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers branch.
- Select the sound card and click the Properties button.
- Disable the device from the active profile.
- Click OK
- Reboot your computer and start the game again.

I haven't completed everything yet, but I'm going down the list. *Thank you* for the tips and wish me luck :)

Well I've gone through your list, testing the game at each step. I've figured out that I *do* have a bad stick of ram, but I can't get the game to run with just one 512mb stick, so I was wondering if it could further damage any of my computer to leave the bad stick in so the game is still somewhat playable, just until I get my new stick of RAM from the warranty exchange ..

Also, when I ran the game in opengl, it seemed to knock the graphic quality of the game down quite a bit, but *did* crash less often .. *much* less often.. but only on some characters, on other characters it made the game lock up as soon as you log in...

For now I guess I'm just waiting on a new stick of RAM, hoping that fixes the problem.

i personally would take out the defective stick of ram and just not play until you get everything fixed. i'm just too finnicky and wouldn't want anything else to mess up.

i agree because if ur computer crashes to many times with that bad stick of RAM the idea would be to restart the computer. to many restarts can do damage to the PS and ur Mobo as well as ur HD

I took the stick of RAM out and by removing the -opengl from the shortcuts, the games are functioning .. Thank you much! You've been a bunch of help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom