Removing the Hard Drive Out Of HP Pavillion 733n [Help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gho5t

Baseband Member
I have an HP Pavilion 733n, and I don't want to go through the troubles of buying a new hardrive for my new build, so I decided I wanted to remove and use the hardrive that is on my computer that i am using now. But I can't seem to find out where the hardrive is located. If anybody has any info on the is please let me know.

I think it is mounted on the front inside of your case, little screwed down bracket. You have to take the side panel off, if you didn't know.

You take the side panel off first and then you will see a hard drive bracket. If it's like the 734n (which I have), there is a metal tab on the top of the HDD bracket. Press down on it then pull the drive forward, the cage rotates out of the computer and pulls out. It is not installed with screws to the case. Remove or insert hard drives in the cage, then line the pins back up and rotate it back in place until it clicks.

I still have my 734n, leave it set up at home while I'm at college so I can use it as a torrent box...not a bad PC for that purpose. It stopped being useful for gaming years ago.

Well now that I know that I can take it out, would this hard drive work with the NZXT Phantom Case, with an ASUS M4A87TD motherboard?

Well ill take that as a yes, thanks, and should I format it before I insert into new pc? How would I do that if I had too?

If it has the previous OS on it, you probably would, as you cant do much with it. You can easily format it in Computer Management -> Disk Management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom