Removable Disk not showing in "my computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravanah

Beta member
Hey there , how is everyone doing ?

First time poster , i have been having this problem for a few months now but i have decided that i have had enough and will ask for help. I have 2 MP3 players at home , both work under Windows XP (i have tried them on another computer) but everytime i try to plug in the MP3 player in my home pc , i cannot see it as a REMOVABLE DISK in MY COMPUTER . I hear the sound of it conecting , i see the SAFELEY REMOVE HARDWARE icon in my tray , when i click on that , it shows me my mp3 player ... So i know my pc reconizes it , it just DOES NOT APPEAR IN MY COMPUTER (sorry for the caps , can you feel the frustration ? lol)

I have searched the internet and i always see the same things

1 - Make sure its plugeed in (i tried all my usb ports)
2 - Make sure theres no yellow exclamation poibnt in Device manager (no theres not)
3- Download the drivers (i have and + I didint need to download anything on my work PC to get it to work)

I found this new forum : http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/1141855814 where they say this "In Device Manager, check the USB devices under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and that all devices are present and working. You should have one or two hubs, and controllers. Check their Properties. If they show up not working, try removing them and rebooting and see if they show up. "

I tried that and still nothing , can you gusy help me ? thanks !!!

welcome to tech forums,

Plug it in, then right click ur "My Computer">Manage>Removal Storage>double click "media">then click ur media >and check if the box is check marked "enable media">ok, and exit

wats ur home pc using , xp?
try updating ur chipset driver or ur usb driver

Hmmm i tried but it does not show me the Mp3 PLayer ... maybe you can help me with this ... I tried searching for the drivers but i didint find anything concrete ... If you meant findign the drivers for my mp3 players , then it would be a APACER and BENQ mp3 players (the apacer is my new one) but again i already have theses driver s installed so it must be something else

saltynay said:
if its an ipod then you have to enable disk use in itunes just putting in my two pennies worth :D

no its not a Ipod ...

1 of my players is a BenQ Joybee 110
BenQ_Joybee_110_MP3_player_Voice_recorder_128_MB__5642014.jpg

and the other one is a Apacer Steno AU231
prod_AU231-2%20color_l.jpg

Basically i think what i need to know is : Is it possible that via a setting , "My computer" is set to not show a "Removeble disk" when plugged in and how do I change it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom