Reformat SCSI Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhysG

Beta member
Hi, I just got a new PC and a condition is that I cannot open the case for the first year or else the warranty is void :/ and it's a family PC so I can't just disregard the warranty.

My harddrive isn't recognised in the Windows XP format and partition screen but runs fine. So I checked My Computer and saw the drive's a SCSI and was wondering how I might go about reformatting this hard drive or making it recognisable so it can be easily reformatted with the Windows XP CD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I used Everrest to check out the specs of the drive and it came up as a SATA drive, can someone please explain why it would be "ST380817 AS SCSI Disk Device" under Driver Description yet under Hard Disk Name is "Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ 80817".

ok SCSI and raid hard drive drivers must be installed before running windows setup here is how to do it

ur hard drive isa seagate and ST versions in your case ST380817 is one of the barracude models, if you want to format this harddrive u have to copy the SATA files from your motherboard cd if your sata controller is a onboard one on to a floppy disk and when loading the new windows setup screen it will ask you to "press F6 to install third party device driver eg SCSI or RAID" or sumthinthing similar to that so press F6 during installation and it will boot from the floppy disk and install the driver. then it will recognize your drive

No, that's just how windows also describe SATA in device manager. I forgot why, I guess it just consider it the same or older version don't recongnize SATA yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom