red artifacts on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
hey guys recently i'm getting red artifacts on my screen that annoys me a bit and it seems like it does those red lines on the edges and here is a picture to show what it looks like
http://web26.hopto.org:443/artifacts.jpg

the picture is quite big (3MB) and as you can see there are red lines which shouldn't be appearing normally and i've checked my cable and nothing seems to be wrong and i'm not overclocking so it must be some other problem. (maybe the monitor is dying?)

hey guys i just found out that when i set my refresh rate to 60Hz thre will be less artifacts but if i set it any higher than 60Hz such as 70Hz, 72Hz or 75Hz more artifacts will appear. I wonder if the new drivers are the cause as i recently installed new drivers and i'm not 100% sure if the drivers made it like this or not but i know it is recent (this week or so). (so far i've only seen red lines as artifacts, nothing else)

Sounds to me like the monitor is dying. Reason being that w/ less of a load (lower refresh rates) the problem goes away or is less apparent.

My suggestion would be to switch out the monitor w/ a friends and see if the problem goes away (return your refresh rate back to its normal setting). If that doesn't fix it replace the video card.

IMO it is the monitor.

Looks to me like a slowly dieing monitor reaching the end of it's lifespan. Might want to do what Lexluethar said though; swap your monitor with a friends and see what might be the problem with the artifacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom