Recovery D: full, Can it be erased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_Stoney

Beta member
Hello I have a laptop with Vista home premium and my problem is that I have 10 gig's allocated to my recovery drive, but all I have left is 6.35mb and everytime I reboot my computer I get a note that says "last backup failed recovery full"

So my question is: would it be okay to delete all of the files in that partition?:confused:

hmmm, the files in the recovery partition are files which if the computer deems important or you have deemed as important e.g. purchases etc or important windows files...

BUT...these are only needed if you were to ever recover your hard-drive as the important files would be saved so you could just recover them..

so in my opinion yes...but take caution delete them now and if you reformat....they won't be there...

So could I safely erase all of the files in my recovery drive then make a new backup?

Because from what it is saying I dont think it will update my backup's unless I erase them.

I would personally keep it on there. I have an HP computer, and it has a D drive set as the recovery partition, and that's there so you don't have to use the user-created recovery disks. You can just boot into the recovery partition, and re-install Windows from the HDD itself.

You could remove it safely however keep in mind that you will need the recovery partition to reload the O/S that came with your laptop. If you have your product key and media for an install, then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom