Recording from two USB Headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Beta member
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to simultaneously record from two USB headsets onto the same audio stream? I have two USB headsets, and was interested in creating a podcast with a friend. I didn't want to have to spend any money to do so, so I was hoping I could use the equipment I have now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Danno

I presume your speaking of recoding with headset mics, right? I would give it a try. Your system should recognize both headsets if you have sufficient USB ports otherwise your have to buy a USB hub. The audio stream is being recorded to the HD via what software?

I have tried recording using both Quicktime Pro and standard Windows Sound Recorder. When I have both USB headsets plugged into the machine, it only uses the most recently plugged in to recieve audio from. In the Sound devices area under control panel, it has both listed in the drop down area for voice recording, but obviously, only one is selected. There is nothing in that area to select more than one audio input area. The more I read, the more it looks like I need to get a mixer and a couple of microphones with analog jacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom