Recent Problem With My Build...Crash & Restart...Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Boot into Safe Mode. From there navigate to the Windows/system32/drivers folder. There remove that file.

sptd.sys

Reboot and see what happens. That file is a known problem. Removing it should solve your issue.

Cheers,
Mak

This never ends lol!

This is my 4th build and I have never had major issues. This build worked perfectly for months, and now its one thing after another.

It seems the BSOD is fixed, but now about every other time I start the computer, I get no sound. Check the Device Manager, everything is good...but get on youtube...nada. Open iTunes....it "detects a problem with my audio configuration"

EDIT: This one may have been my fault. When I updated my soundcard drivers the other day, the creative website selected drivers for my card that were for Vista, and Im still running XP...so they sort of worked sort of didnt. Ive got XP drivers in there now, so hopefully Im back in action. Sigh.

Hello,

Just a heads up. You might want to use Driver Cleaner Pro to remove all sound drivers. Then reinstall your newest sound drivers from Creative. This will prevent any issues that might come up from a driver conflict from multiple drivers being installed for your sound card. Link to DCP:

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

Cheers,
Mak

I did a full reformat and installed the creative drivers immediately...and Im STILL having the audio issue and hangups at shutdown. All I have done is format, install xp, install chipset-video-sound drivers...and thats it. I have a hard time believing its a conflict with the onboard as I went months without issue without ever thinking to disable onboard sound. Grrr!!!!

Hello Irish,

What it could be is a IRQL issue. Can you move the sound card to a new PCI Port? If so i think that might help solve your sound issues.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello Irish,

What it could be is a IRQL issue. Can you move the sound card to a new PCI Port? If so i think that might help solve your sound issues.

Cheers,
Mak

Ill give that a shot. Maybe the soundcard just needs to go. It is about 2+ years old. Im at ground zero, and Im still getting Driver_IRQL...etc BSOD errors.

Soundcard is out...running on board sound. We'll see how this works for awhile.

Well, that didnt do it. Went two days just fine and then just now...BSOD with the IRQL_Drivers error and crash. This is really wearing me down...

Hello,

Have you made sure to remove the old sound drivers? The ones from the Card?

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom