Rebuilt computer, VGA wont output.

Solplex

Beta member
I rebuilt my old desktop for fun, this is my first computer rebuilt so I would like to have some help here.

Heatsink fan, regular fan, and PSU fan work.
Optical drive works.
I cant tell if anything else works or not because the VGA wont output.

Any help, as far as I know, everything is hooked up correctly in the motherboard. but I will take suggestions.

Last edited:
Try pulling the battery out of the motherboard for about 5 minutes. That should reset your bios back to default, and with luck your video as well. Everything is stock on it, right? You didn't change CPU's, or ram, anything like that?

I assume you are using the onboard graphics for it? or are you using a dedicated card?

Try pulling the battery out of the motherboard for about 5 minutes. That should reset your bios back to default, and with luck your video as well. Everything is stock on it, right? You didn't change CPU's, or ram, anything like that?

I assume you are using the onboard graphics for it? or are you using a dedicated card?

On board graphics, everything is stock.

Tried a PCI and a PCI express with no luck

Hate to ask you this, but did your computer make any beeps while powering up ?
Open up your case and remove the ram, next power it on and see what happens.
If anything it will beep constantly at you warning of no ram memory, your motherboard is alive.
If not, it maybe the ram or cpu and you'll have to test those in a computer shop or on a friends computer to see if they work.

Back
Top Bottom