odbod

Solid State Member
The trouble shoot thread didn't help!

ASUS P5P800
Pentium 4 3 ghz HT
ATi Radeon 9550 AGP 256 mb 4/8x
120 gb hard drive
(usb devices were not the cause)

Usually, this only happens within a high demanding game, such as Unreal Tournament 2004. I believe it is my hard ware.. since:

A long time back in May, my board fried, so I went and got it replaced. They tested it, just in case, and it was ok. Memory was tested as well. No defects.

Now, about 1 week after having the new hardware running smoothly, my games started to crash with BSOD's.THEY DID NOT HAVE AN ERROR MESSAGE WHAT SO EVER! DON'T ASK ME AND WHAT IT SAYS! ERROR REPORT DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING EITHER.
I tried cleaning out the pc(dusting), clearing hard drive(no partitions) and putting fat32 back on. Reinstalling Windows XP, then installed all drivers(updated!!!!!) Still crashes.:mad:

Then, I updated drivers again with the latest, some improvement was made, but still crashed.
I left to my moms for Xmas break, and I have came back to see that my pc now crashes faster than ever. I can no longer get into a game of 5 minutes long with out a crash.

NOTES:Thermal Paste is applied correctly. All cards in the slots tightly, including memory. I have tried different videos cards, slower than mine, and a one faster than mine, still no luck.

Could this be a hardware defect? Like the board? All things that detect errors don't tell me anything. No other place can answer my question.

i've had a few problems like it, i found that if i played with my sata cables enough, i could get more or less frequent bsod's. i finnally replaced my sata cable and gave teh connectors a good clean off, and have been blue-screen free for almost 3 months :-D

Well, you said that the thermal paste was good and all, but you didnt say anything about idle and load temps. Let us know what those are.

THe temperatures from many: "ASUS Probe", and many others...

CPU: 112 F (startup)
146 F (after intense play, this temp usually alternating between 144 and 147.)

Motherboard: 84 F (")
95 F (intense play, same explantion(s) above)

I suspect overheating. I know it is a Prescott, and they normally do run hot. But Thermal Spec for your CPU is around 150 F. Now, let's say ASUSProbe isn't 100% accurate, and the Thermal Spec is a little generous on the Intel site....BAM! Overheating problems :(

I especially am thinking this because you say it happens during heavier use (ie: gaming).

I would consider an aftermarket CPU heatsink & fan if the stock one isn't working.

are you overclocking? run memtest86 and see if it throws any errors. i'm suspecting your memory. see if you can find what the correct voltage for your memory is, though unlikely occasionally the board will set vdimm (memory voltage) too low which will result in instability especially in times of high stress and memory usage like games, for instance my ram was set at 2.6v despite stock being 2.8v. you can check that the memory is seated correctly. also you could run a high stress test like the torture test from prime95.

I have run tests on memtest, and powersupply. Nothing wrong. I even(memtest) did the long test, nothing. Powersupply: I bought a powersupply that was EXACT to the one I have. Still crashing.

Overclocking is for the people who want to ruin PC's. That's what I think.

I have checked the accuracy, and it is accurate.

I did actually get an error on a BSOD finally:

STOP: 0x0000000A (1000000a, parameter1 00000001, parameter2 000000ff, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 804ea611)

NO file of cause/No file shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom