Reboot and Select proper Boot Device error!

krazyq

krazy Techie
hello there
how are you guys doing

Got this Toshiba Satellite P855-S5200 Laptop from a customer.
I keep getting this error on boot

"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key"

I have tried the following with no success;
- Tried putting a windows disc in and tried pressing all the F keys, even tried then with FN pressed
-Tried a usb keyboard in case the keyboard was damaged
-Switched hdds
with the new hdd, it would get to safe mode or even enter windows cos I guess one of them still had windows on it.
But I still Can't get into the bios nor boot selection.

Now is this a security feature with this laptop or am I missing something...

If you guys help me, I'm putting a $5-$10 donation to this site depending if this guy is willing to pay for the repair for this
I've spent hours and I'm out of ideas

Help!
Thanks

So can you access the BIOS at all? If so, make sure the HDD is the main boot device.

If you haven't done this, try flashing the BIOS, pull the battery on the MoBo out, wait 5 min, and try again.

So can you access the BIOS at all? If so, make sure the HDD is the main boot device.

If you haven't done this, try flashing the BIOS, pull the battery on the MoBo out, wait 5 min, and try again.

wow i figured it out, well i didn't but this guy over here did
how does one bring up the boot menu on toshiba laptop?

finally found a post with a solution
all i had to do was hold F2 before powering it on and Voila the bios setup and boot menu options popped out
SWEET
thanks anyways!!!

hello there
how are you guys doing

Got this Toshiba Satellite P855-S5200 Laptop from a customer.
I keep getting this error on boot

"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key"

I have tried the following with no success;
- Tried putting a windows disc in and tried pressing all the F keys, even tried then with FN pressed
-Tried a usb keyboard in case the keyboard was damaged
-Switched hdds
with the new hdd, it would get to safe mode or even enter windows cos I guess one of them still had windows on it.
But I still Can't get into the bios nor boot selection.

Now is this a security feature with this laptop or am I missing something...

If you guys help me, I'm putting a $5-$10 donation to this site depending if this guy is willing to pay for the repair for this
I've spent hours and I'm out of ideas

Help!
Thanks

I think this model from toshiba has been craptastic during the past few months when they upgraded the bios and had stuff go wrong..
You could try this, put the new hdd back, start off with a formatted flash drive containing windows 7 or vista if you'll be using it.
Reboot the machine with the flash drive in, once going past the bios splash screen, hit esc or or f12.
Tha should bring up a boot order menu and you tell it which drive you want to pull up first.

May I ask which bios version you have for the laptop ?

THanks for the advice Mike Techno, however I figured the problem out and got things working
I did read a lot about the bios problem and how toshiba is not responsible for it.
Well it isn't mine which is a good thing, i'm just getting their windows back and I'm done!

Back
Top Bottom