Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disconnected from network.

doodnnc

Beta member
I am experiencing this error and cannot seem to get it to go away. I began exploring what is happening because of such varied computer speeds. I am running a Dell 3847 with windows 10 and speeds vary from 4 to 50 mb but it's mostly it's usually somewhere between 20 to 40 mb. My computer connects via wifi. I have gone to the Dell site and looked for the upgraded driver and downloaded it but I am still getting this error. I have also went to the device manager, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver to no avail. I also tried a couple things I read online regarding power management and made sure Auto Disable Gigabit, Green Ethernet and Energy Efficient Ethernet were all disabled but none of this done anything to resolve the error. Also, right after the family controller error I am receiving this one as well but I assume is because of the said error:
The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x491f7fffff, got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.

If anyone has a suggestion on what I could try next I would greatly appreciate it!!

If you are connecting over wifi, then of course your WIRED "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" will be disconnected, as there isn't a connection.

What model wireless router are you connecting to? Are you using an open channel or one that's congested? Wireless networks tend to under perform for most.

I am using an Archer C50. Previously I went in and changed the channel but now I see there are a couple of more networks around using the same. I changed it to a different channel and have varied results. There are only about 6 other networks that I am picking up and I chose channel 3 since none operate on that one. My results are: mbps - 49, 56, 30, 29, 39 and 31 right now. Should there be there this much variance? My router is only about 15 feet away and my wifi strength is full power.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom