Really Weird Power Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_am_a_robot

Beta member
Hey guys,

Got a weird one here and it's a bit long winded so bear with me. It goes something like this:

1. I'll be using my computer normally for a couple of hours.
2. I'll turn it off.
3. I'll come back later to use it and turn it on and I can hear the pc booting up. However the screen doesn't turn on and it sounds like it's stuck right at the beginning of the start up, I think the part when the motherboard, ram and bios are loading up.
4. I'll turn it off since it's stuck.
5. I'll leave for an hour or so and then I'll come back and try and turn it on. However, the power doesn't turn on and it's like the computer is dead.
6. I'll keep doing this every hour and it won't work until randomly when I press it again the power will suddenly decide to start working and I'll be able to use the PC normally again.
7. Then I'll turn it off and I'll be at 1 again.

Other weird things:
Restarting seems to work fine.
Once I was just sitting in my room watching TV and the computer just randomly turned itself on.

Now I'm pretty sure it's not a cable problem since I've tested out different cables and it's the same result and also the sound and monitor power on fine so it's not a socket problem.

Also, I did a virus with Kaspersky and found 2 viruses' however they weren't related to hardware at all, just some key loggers, and they were neutralised so I doubt it was down to them.

Here's my specs:
Windows XP
2 gigabyte RAM
400 gigabyte hard drive
Radeon 850xt 256mb graphics card

I'll be able to get more detailed specs when it decides to randomly start working again.

Anyway, so any ideas?

stupid thing started working again. here's my dxdiag if it helps: (see attachment)

Attachments

• DxDiag.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom