Really Weird Power Boot Problem
Got a weird one here and itís a bit long winded so bear with me. It goes something like this:
1. Iíll be using my computer normally for a couple of hours.
2. Iíll turn it off.
3. Iíll come back later to use it and turn it on and I can hear the pc booting up. However the screen doesnít turn on and it sounds like itís stuck right at the beginning of the start up, I think the part when the motherboard, ram and bios are loading up.
4. Iíll turn it off since itís stuck.
5. Iíll leave for an hour or so and then Iíll come back and try and turn it on. However, the power doesnít turn on and itís like the computer is dead.
6. Iíll keep doing this every hour and it wonít work until randomly when I press it again the power will suddenly decide to start working and Iíll be able to use the PC normally again.
7. Then Iíll turn it off and Iíll be at 1 again.
Other weird things:
Restarting seems to work fine.
Once I was just sitting in my room watching TV and the computer just randomly turned itself on.
Now Iím pretty sure itís not a cable problem since Iíve tested out different cables and itís the same result and also the sound and monitor power on fine so itís not a socket problem.
Also, I did a virus with Kaspersky and found 2 virusesí however they werenít related to hardware at all, just some key loggers, and they were neutralised so I doubt it was down to them.
Hereís my specs:
2 gigabyte RAM
400 gigabyte hard drive
Radeon 850xt 256mb graphics card
Iíll be able to get more detailed specs when it decides to randomly start working again.
Anyway, so any ideas?