Really Low Fps in games..

Phenom

Solid State Member
My System is..

Motherboard= Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 (bios version F10)
Proccessor= AMD FX X8 8150 SOCKET AM3+ 3.6GHZ 16MB CACHE 32NM
Ram= 16GB(4X4) 1600mhz corsair ram
HDD= 2x500gb WDB Sata HDD
Graphic Cards =MSI 2X AMD HD6970 Crossfire

My problem is i got seriosly low fps on everygame and i really need help because its really annoying trying to fix this like 2 months now.

FPS in games like...

World of Warcraft MOP(Ultra Settings with 1080p res) = Min 19-15fps-max 35 fps in main cities and 50 -30 other zones.

Witcher 2 = min 9fps max 18(ultra settings with ubersampling on Min 20 - max 35 ubersampling off..)

Battlefield 3 = min 35 max 50( 1080p res , all on ultra) it was max 80 when i was using 12.8 driver with 12.10 it drops to max 50 somehow + got texture flickering while looking far distance with sniper etc.

NFS Most Wanted = Min 19 Max 45 with all settings on ultra

Most people have better performance then me in games with same system + less graphic card somehow. Before this system i had

AMD Phenom x4 3.0ghz cpu + 8gb 800mhz kingston ram with gtx460 and i made raid 2xWD 500GB HDD .

I was playing rift with min 35 fps on 1080p + ultra settings supersampling on . Then i formatted my pc when i opened rift i saw my fps was max 20 with supersampling on. So i changed my graphic card to single HD6970. But this time it was 10 fps more better in all games. Some people said that my power supply (500 watt xilence) is low for that graphic card so i buyed a new one with 750 watt xilence. But i saw nothing changes. I thought my cpu bottlenecking so i buyed current system( on top) and i saw that only +10 more fps better in all games again. I dont think this fps is normal with this system i tried nearly everyhing but nothing fix this problem.Only i didnt change my hdd's yet. Now most people says HDD is the problem but i dont wanna buy something for nothing again.

I plugged my second graphic card to 4x pcı slot because of when i plug 16x both cards stick together and makes overheat problems. I just changed it 4x to 8x after i got longer CF bridge cable. Btw i tried second card in 4x - 8x and 16x pcı slots all gives the same fps......

Here is a bechmark result while second card in 4x slot with windows 7

AMD Radeon HD 6970 video card benchmark result - AMD FX-8150,Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-990FXA-UD5 score: X3637 3DMarks

And here is the second one with 8x slot + windows 8

AMD Radeon HD 6970 video card benchmark result - AMD FX-8150,Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-990FXA-UD5 score: X3525 3DMarks

I really need help atm because after all this changes my pc is like from year 2008 and im tired of searching what cause the problem... :(

Go back to Windows 7 with a fresh install and use the latest 12.10 drivers. Make sure both cards are NOT in a 4x slot (that drops your performance) and make sure your Crossfire bridge is on.

Your HDDs are not the problem.

You can also check to make sure your CPU isn't overheating by using a combination of Intelburntest and Coretemp to record max temps.
The next best thing to do is take 2 sticks of RAM out and test with only 8GB of RAM. If you have any background tasks or more than 60 processes that can be it too.

Edit: Make sure you have the Crossfire profiles for the games in question by AMD as well.

Well i tried 12.10 drivers with fresh install on win7 also nothing changes.I got a good cpu cooler akasa venom fan. CPU isnt overheating. I tried 8gb ram also before and nothing changes. The strange thing is even with this changes fps's are same all the time... And CPU-Graphic Card-Ram non of em uses full....I got CF bridge on left and i noticed that 2 card working but main card uses %70 while secondary card uses %40-%30 all the time only BF3 uses both cards full..

Did you actually do any tests? Just because you have an aftermarket heatsink doesn't mean that it might be installed incorrectly or could still be overheating due to any number of issues. If your CPU is throttling at all or turbo is off then it will cause issues. Doing testing on the GPUs is also necessary to rule out overheating and throttling on them too. The RAM not being used is normal, because no game uses over 2.7GB of RAM itself.
I don't ever recommend dual card solutions due to scaling issues and compatibility issues. If
Did you get the Crossfire profiles for each game from the AMD website?

Have you tried taking one card out and doing tests to see if FPS actually improves? Doesn't sound like it actually would, but sometimes it does. If you have your card in a 4x slot I can guarantee you're holding back the first card because your CPU has to process double the work load yet the slot doesn't have enough bandwidth to give it the information fast enough.

My secondary card is in 8x slot atm. I tried to disable cf in wow yes it does improve my fps in wow a little but still its not enough. + i got texture flickering in all games while looking far distances.. I tried msi kombustors stress test few days ago i can see there is some texture flickering over floor texture they disappear and appear too fast all the time. I tried both cards alone in BF3 there is still texture flickering while looking far distances actually.

CPU never goes over 55C.And my main card goes up 82C higher secondary is max 77 C.I got latest application profiles.The strange thing is i tried secondary card in 16x-8x and 4x slots they all give same fps in all games....And fps in wow changes like every second like 30-19-25-33..Its like something limit my hardware somehow...

That flickering is artifacts. And they both do this by themselves? By this I mean the other car physically out of the case.
What is your PSU?

I got 750watt xilence gaming psu. My first card started to do this before i buy second one. I dont remember well but i think it started after i formatted my pc.So i put this card on secondary slot. When i disable CF second card doesnt work and i still have those artifacts. Even in wow also it only does this artifacts when i look far distance with some zooms. Btw my cpu is 33C while in game also...

Do you have high levels of AA turned on? If so, that could be it as I get that in Skyrim sometimes. Just shadow glitch.

Only things I can think of are:
Heat related. Either GPU could be overheating.
Stability. GPUs could be unstable causing artifacts.
Drivers. Driver is mucking up textures causing artifacts.
AA. High levels of AA can cause texture glitching.
Vsync. No Vsync can sometimes cause these occurrences but usually it's only tearing which is visible anywhere.

Heat is never goes over 82C max while full use
Closed AA still does artifacts.
Vsync doesnt change anything also
First card uses %99 second card uses %98 while in BF3
Tried old drivers also
There is a switch to second bios button on my graphic card. Could it fix to problem if i switch other bios from current one?

Heat is never goes over 82C max while full use
Closed AA still does artifacts.
Vsync doesnt change anything also
First card uses %99 second card uses %98 while in BF3
Tried old drivers also
There is a switch to second bios button on my graphic card. Could it fix to problem if i switch other bios from current one?
I dont know if switching bios would do much if you hadn't made any bios changes in the first place. Do the simple stuff first: uninstall/reinstall drivers, clean out fans, reapply thermal, run more tests afterwards and maybe decrease your in-game settings. It sounds like your computers choking on ultra.

Back
Top Bottom