Realibity - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 02:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Angry Realibity

Computers created by man, hmm probably explains why soo much **** goes wrong with em. I spent 4 hours building a computer for father. I put all my old computer parts together in an old gateway case that i rewired. I was just finishing up and i shut it down. I put the sides back on it and arranged everything all neat. I turned it on and it began to chant from the speakers "NO CPU INSTALLED" i was like BULL ****. I unfortunately know that computers aren't very smart creatures they cannot tell u whats wrong with them all they can tell that something is wrong much like a child who is under 2 years old. Well if im gonna blame anyone im gonna blame ASUS. I know there a great company i use them for all the computers i have built, but after a few years the motherboard is ****, things just stop workin kinda like how its hard to urinate when ur over 60 same difference only id give $100 to whoever could get ASUS board to run that long. AH who knows maybe the computer will work tommorow, it probably need sto be at a certain temperatue and pressure, and by some miracle it will probably turn on. Well if it only turns on 1/4 of the time u might as well take it around back and shoot it. If ur computer resembles a lame horse, please put it out of its misery. Find a nice high cliff or even better a shotgun. OK i think i just lost my sanity well to whom ever this may concern this probably wont be the last time i start *****ing about how computer hardware. and by the way i hate driverguide.com! sites like that should be illegal. I cant wait till u can sue a website for crashing ur computer and giving u spyware cause ill be in court ever day

Old 10-18-2005, 03:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher

You installed the CPU?

Old 10-18-2005, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
S e c u r e d

Turn the "voice" off in your mobo...
Old 10-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

LOL of course the CPU is installed and yah but the problem isnt the voice, its the computer. It refuses to boot up, all i get is the Bios screen then nothing...
Old 10-18-2005, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
S e c u r e d

go into bios and set it to default, then we can start from scratch
Old 10-18-2005, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yah ok good news i let the bastard sit and it turns on 10 minutes later. SO yah i think it was bios let me try that
Old 10-18-2005, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by bradybnmci
go into bios and set it to default, then we can start from scratch
Ok i defualts are loaded and i exited saving changings, i let it reboot and im back to that familar black screen. any ideas on what to do next?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
S e c u r e d

Have you re-sat the CPU and Checked all the cables to make sure they are all properly sat? B/C of the machine overhaul you did, there could definetly be some hardware not sat all the way, or a missed plug.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by bradybnmci
Have you re-sat the CPU and Checked all the cables to make sure they are all properly sat? B/C of the machine overhaul you did, there could definetly be some hardware not sat all the way, or a missed plug.
I have resat the cpu numerous times, i have double checked the cables even switched em around a bit, and the hardware seems to be in fine.
idk, it takes about 7 minutes for it to boot up, maybe im not getting enough power? its a 200watt power supply.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Field Engineer

Send a message via AIM to SHAWN

200watt PSU on what components? Thats awfully low.

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Closed Thread