Re-installing XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungho06

Solid State Member
So i want to re-install xp, and my disc has service pack 1a, and I've updated xp and such, so it won't let me reinstall, and I can't boot from the cd.

Help?

Thanks in advance

Did you change the boot priorities in BIOS? Put boot device one as the CDROM that you are using.

Go here Download and install procedure of Active@ KillDisk Free make a floppy disk or burn a cd.
put it in and try to boot to it. if it does not boot then we will need to change the boot order in the bios. usually at the beginning of the boot you will see "press f2 to enter the bios" somewhere towards the bottom. when you get into the bios you will need to navigate to boot cycle.
something such as
First boot \floppy
Second boo\t cdrom
third boot\ hard drive

Change the first boot to Floppy save and exit. (depending if you put killdisk on floppy or cd, if you put it on cd make first boot cd rom)
put killdisk in and start the computer. once it boots up top left you will see storage device (your hard drive) pick it press f10 type in the little saying and it will format. after format put xp cd in and start computer it will go to the install.

note that if you FORMAT, and data on the HDD will be lost.... It sounds like he is just wanting to re-install XP...

schusterjo listed the steps to change the boot order, you should be set to go.. (in my experience, you have to hit DELETE key to get to BIOS when booting.

Ethereal_Dragon said:

schusterjo listed the steps to change the boot order, you should be set to go.. (in my experience, you have to hit DELETE key to get to BIOS when booting.

It's usually DEL, but I've seen F2 and F1 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom