Re-Installed Windows XP on HD(IDE) 1-C - Can't reinstall on HD 2 (SATA) - PC Also no Longer Recognizes second drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

miragemkt06

Beta member
Hi all,

Her's more detail of the issue. Any help would be appreciated, a little out of my league and comfort zone here.

My PC is a Tiger Direct - 3Gig Pentium 4 - 1Gig Ram. It's 5 years old and has had heavy use but still runs good except for this glitch.

The OEM HD is an 80 Gig IDE, after a while it flaked out for the most part. I uninstalled and reinistalled Windows XP Pro SP-2, working great. My C Drive.

Added a second HD, a 250Gig SATA - F is the partition, the rest is the "G' Drive. Someone helped me do configure and add this drive, but partition is only 10 Gig's, anyway, this drive started getting flaky, not real heavily used, more of a back-up and to build websites and store all that on a separate drive., tried to a system restore to and earlier time, said "not enough disk space", tried to remove everything I could, still not enough space.

Went to do a reinstall, when I boot up the PC I have 3 options:

(1) Boots original drive C - no problem

(2) 2nd option used to boot the F/G drive - now I get an error message as below:

Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk, I have no external boot disks - my bad. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and hardware reference manuals for additional information.

(3) Install Windows which I can't remove from the menu choice. I F3 out of that and go back and have been using drive C.

When I go into "my computer" I see New Volume (F:), but no longer G.

Under Details New Volume(f:)
Local Disk
File System NTFS
Free Space: 230GB
Total: 232GB

That's as much info I know to provide, Hope it's enough.

Can anyone assist? I would be very grateful, trying the get some more mileage out of this thing, and most importantly, I have a file I need to get, the full back-up of a large Blog I built. Thanks and look forward to any assistance.

Brgds,

Miragemkt06 - Dave :big_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom