RC410-m2 ram and jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver lee

Baseband Member
Hi guys!

More problems with this motherboard, basically it won't register more than 2gb of RAM. If I put two 2gb m2y2g64tu8hd5b-ac elixir cards in, the system won't boot. I have a motherboard diagnostic card and it reports "check key lock", which means nothing to me?

However if I put 1 512mb gu34512agepn692c3gg card and 1 2gb elixir card, then the system boots up but only displays 2gb of ram installed.

If I have just one 2gb card, then the system doesn't boot up and gives me the same error, "check key lock".

I've already updated the bios to the latest version, that made no difference.

Also, I have a 2 pin jumper labeled tbd on the mobo, the manual doesn't talk about it and I was wondering what it was for...

Thanks all!

Rc410m2 rev2.1, its in the title ;)

Surely if there was a limit of 1gb per slot, then a combination of 2gb and 0.5gb would produce only 1.5gb, not 2gb???

Yeah I read that too. However I'm sure I read somewhere that the limit is 4gb. And even if it was two, that wouldn't explain why it won't boot up with just a single 2gb stick...

It says, right on that page, that it only accepts 2. Show me where you say 4, then.

Theoretically, if 2 + 512 = 2, then 2 would be the limit, don't you think? Unless the 512 stick is bad.

It may not accept a 2GB stick by itself. Weird things, these old boards.

@ Joe C, its in the third post, rev 2.1, sorry its not it the title.
And like I said, surely if the maximum per slot is 1 gb, then a 2gb stick and a 0.5gb stick would only produce 1.5gb? However in mine it produces 2gb :(

@ MindoverMaster,
ECS Web Site
Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows 32-bit OS. For Windows 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation

Why would someone write that if the maximum memory was 2gb anyway?
Also:ECS RC410-M - maximum memory? - Elitegroup - Motherboards-Memory

Although that's not quite the same mobo, they suggest that a 2gb and 2gb would produce 3gb, which is above the maximum for that board.

Thanks for the help so far guys!

It is a limitation of the motherboard chipset, you can not go above 2GB with out risking system instability. The "warning" is when employing a high memory GPU as the OS memory limitation is applied to the system RAM and other devices that use RAM because in theory you can have more RAM than system RAM due to an add-on GPU.

There is no system instability, it fails to start.

Also are you suggesting that a 32bit OS can only have 3gb System memory and GPU memory combined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom