Razer Naga Computer Shut-down

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
Here's a problem for everyone. It's got me stumped (sort of). I have Razer's Naga mouse and it worked flawlessly for the first 5-6 months that I owned it. One day I pulled it out of my usb hub, and packed it up for a LAN party and when i got there and plugged it into my computer BAM! The computer shuts off (not shuts down like a windows thing, but a hard shutdown)

I thought it might be my hub so it into a different hub and while it doesn't shut my computer off then, it kills the hub (and all devices on the chain). I Checked my event log and it shows nothing. So I tested it on a few other dude's machines and BAM it shut down every last one (but only when plugged in directly. This happened on OS's ranging from Xp to Vista to Win 7. Same exact problem. I find it odd that this would happen considering max for USB is 5v and it shouldn't cause the system to crash like that.

When I got home I played around with it some more and found that when i plug it into my hub I can get it to work 1 out of every 50 or so tries. Makes me wonder what it is that would cause such a thing to happen.

The 5v rail has a limit, as does the 3.3v and 12v. If shorted any of them will shut the system down. And it can cause serious damage to other components, will it? Probably not but continuous hard shutdowns from a short can and it's usually when you can't afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom