Razer Mamba-Help Please! This Will Blow Your Mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthetic727

Beta member
Hey Guys hopefully you can help I just registered to this site for this one specific problem I'm having and hopefully this is the right area to post this in. And please if there's any trolls or stupid remarks you might have please keep them to yourself.

So here it goes, I bought the Razer Mamba maybe a year ago and haven't had one single issue with it like everyone else has had. This mouse has been absolutely a DREAM until now.

Problem/Issue:
Whenever I'm on my bed playing WoW or any other game or just surfing the net and I plug in my mouse its like a 50/50 chance my computer will recognize the mouse and when it doesn't recognize it the error message pops up saying "Device Not Recognized" and it even pops up even if it does recognize it and the mouse is working, weird right? Also when I have it plugged in wired it will just completely cut power to my mouse and just well not work once again a 50/50 chance it will work. When I plug the cord into the wireless dock and go wireless it WAS doing the same 50/50 chance of working or not working, so I uninstalled all of Razer's software reinstalled ran the firmware updater and the wireless dock has been picking up fine ever since no stupid "Device not recognized" message. I as well did the firmware update to the mouse, now mind you I ONLY have these problems on my bed.
Now when I go to school and there's tables around that I can put my stuff on whether wireless or wired I don't get the error message and the thing works as if nothing has ever happened, I don't understand wtf is going, its quite frankly blowing my mind.

What I've done to try and correct the issue:
-Updated Usb Driver for Laptop (Using an Asus G73 JH model with an i7, Windows 7)
-Uninstalled and Reinstalled all of the Razer Mamba Drivers from Razer's site.
-Tested the mouse cord on different surfaces and in environments. (Problem only persists on my bed.)

Not much else I can think of to do to fix this issue I have a couple theories that I've been thinking of 1 reasonable the other far out there but you never know.

Theories:
1. The cord is bad as a whole or the connector on the mouse is bad, things happen and it would be awesome if that was the issue I would just replace it.

2. Here's the out there one, When I'm on my bed could for some reason there be some sort of static interference? Is it even possible, I know it sounds odd but when you've been having the problems I've been having it sounds logical. I only have these problems when I'm on my bed, and as well there's dog and cat hair all over it. But then again it wouldn't be working wirelessly as I'm speaking the cord is still on the bed......but w/e you never know.

I need help my mind is blown and this mouse cost me $130.00 and I've had no issues until now.

Give me like 2 hours and I'll have your answer I have a friend who just fixed this problem yesterday with his Razer.... and that laptop. Are you him? lol

Well considering he fixed his at school last night and the OP is NOW only having problems while using it on his bed there is a shot though it'd be very bizarre.

Totally beyond the point. Assuming the OP isn't this guy I might have a fix. Just gimme a while since I'll see him in class.

EDIT: So they are the same guy and he still needs help. haha

Hey guys,
@Nitestick, yeah I'm beginning to think the same thing, but inside the mouse where the cord connects too because I used my mouse wirelessly last night all night and no disconnect issues as soon as I plugged it into the mouse instant loss of power to the mouse, so I might just deal or go to Best Buy and see if they can do anything for me.

Yes hello Abstract lawls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom