A rather persistent PC problem that I am unable to pinpoint

Casual gamer

Beta member
Hi, I'm a new guy.

I've had this problem just about ever since I got this pre-build PC. It comes and goes as it pleases, it seems rather random and it is a problem. The best way for me to open this topic is to explain what the problem is/what does it cause.

Nowadays after facing this problem for numerous years, I've learned to identify the problem showing up from the get-go. The problem is that when I freshly boot my PC, it oft crashes down, if I do not reboot it immediately after starting it up. For some reason restarting turned out to be the best of cures for it, apart from actually finding the problem.

What happens if I do not restart my computer, is quite annoying. More oft than not my computer will shortly (1-120 minutes after a full start-up) crash in a way that first screws up my display (Imagine displays as sections formed like this: |||, in a given order of 1, 2, 3. The way my screen gets screwed up first is that the order changes, showing up as, for example, 2, 3, 1) and soon after the screen goes into a state filled with stripes (blue and dark blue stripes, if I recall). Past this point my PC will not answer to any commands, from keyboard nor the PC itself (power button), but I have to use the kill switch (hold down power button).

After my computer has crashed by this sequence, it often takes several attempts at starting up my PC, as most of the times my keyboard and display do not get any response from the ongoing PC, once again requiring me to use the kill switch.

I completely wiped down my system and re-installed everything not too long ago, and the problem was gone for a week or so, but soon returned. I've checked as fresh installs for everything I could and there should not be any obvious conflicts with my PC hardware. I could really use some insight and help, since I'd rather not restart my PC for the rest of its lifespan.

And I can't emphasize this enough, but so long I restart my computer right after starting it up, everything works fine apart from the need of restarting. (I forgot to mention this earlier, but the times my computer would inevitably crash, the start-up and processing speed of my PC would be significantly reduced)

I'll put down DxDiag and other possibly necessary items (ask for anything that I lack).

CodePaste.NET - DxDiag

Hi, I'm a new guy.

Nowadays after facing this problem for numerous years, I've learned to identify the problem showing up from the get-go. The problem is that when I freshly boot my PC, it oft crashes down, if I do not reboot it immediately after starting it up. For some reason restarting turned out to be the best of cures for it, apart from actually finding the problem.

I completely wiped down my system and re-installed everything not too long ago, and the problem was gone for a week or so, but soon returned. I've checked as fresh installs for everything I could and there should not be any obvious conflicts with my PC hardware. I could really use some insight and help, since I'd rather not restart my PC for the rest of its lifespan.

And I can't emphasize this enough, but so long I restart my computer right after starting it up, everything works fine apart from the need of restarting. (I forgot to mention this earlier, but the times my computer would inevitably crash, the start-up and processing speed of my PC would be significantly reduced)

For starters what kind of prebuilt system do you have ?
Next how long have you owned this machine ?
What windows or OS do you have ?

Use this and screenshot it, the cpu and mainboard tabs will tell me what you have.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
Lastly I know you are from finley but if money is scarce why not build your own machine ?
386.71 euros could build you a good budget pentium G2130 build or AMD FX4350.

What windows or OS do you have ?

Use this and screenshot it, the cpu and mainboard tabs will tell me what you have.
OS and CPU are in his DxDiag, just a heads up ;).

Since you've done a fresh install, it is most likely a hardware issue. I'd say either RAM or GPU.

To test your GPU... you can stress test it using MSI Kombustor: MSI Kombustor

To test your RAM...download Memtest86+, burn it to a disc, boot off of it, and run it for a minimum of 4 hours (longer the better): memtest86.org - mem test 86 Resources and Information. This website is for sale!
If there's any errors at all, that indicates bad memory. You'll need to test 1 stick at a time then to find either the bad stick, or the bad slot in the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom