Raptor as primary drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michowski1

Baseband Member
I am getting a 150gb Raptor drive in the next few days and I had a question. Currently for hard drives im running a ata133 60gb C: drive and ata133 200gb D: drive. My plans with this raptor are to make it my C: drive and have it be primary. The 200 I just want to be a storage drive for music/video's, ect.

How do I go about running the raptor as my C: Drive and the maxtor 200gb as my storage drive? I never had sata, only 133 so I want to make sure I do this the right way when I get it. Thanks in advance.

Format the Raptor,install Windows to it and you're ready.Don't forget to set your BIOS to boot first from the Raptor.

I'm assuming you'll be installing a fresh copy of XP on the new drive, it's possible that the first setup screen won't be able to detect your new SATA drive. If that happens it just means that you'll need to load the drivers for your SATA controller onto a floppy. They should be in with the drivers for your motherboard. Then you just hit F6 when the XP setup screen prompts you for a SCSI or RAID driver and it will let you load the drivers from the floppy.

That should be the only issue you may run into, aside from that it should be exactly like running an ATA drive.

Well the only other problem is I havent had a floppy for well over 3 years now. And I dont know anybody who has one either.

I just built mine last week with a raptor in SATA as the main drive. Drivers were all there. I would try it out first and then if it doesn't work try to find a solution.

Got it installed and everything working. I only have one thing I want to chance. It made my secondary hard drive letter f and my roms into d and e. How can I change my secondary hard drive to letter D and the roms to e and f?

Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc
Right click on the respective drives and select "Change drive letters and paths".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom