random system lockup=shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
ill be surfing the web, all of a sudden my system will lock up and then it wont respond so i have to manuely shutdown by the power button. i dont think its over heating as i have a massive airtube connected to my computer from the outside and my case temp runs from 22-30 c and my gpu runs at about 34 and my cpu runs at bout 34 also. its been doing this for awhile even before i placed the tube their 9so dont blame it on my tube, i love the tube)
i could be doing anything when it locks up

-AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 800MHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 754 E6 Processor
-GeIL Value 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory
-80 gig WD hdd ide
-7800gt pny
-SB audigy 2
-500 watt aspire psu
-EPoX EP-8NPA SLI Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

any suggestions?
ive updated the drivers for everything ive tried disabling different hardwares ive tried different video cards. ran scandisk, virus scanned ran ad aware. disabled programs that arnt required to bootup. just general maitnence that i ussually performed.

It would start with the PSU!!!!! Swap it out with another form a friend whatever and see if the problem persists. If it does then we'll have to look at other issues such as memory or mobo ground leakage voltages etc. which I will coach you on if you arn't aware of PSU back testing proceedures.

never tested psu;s ive never owned but 2 and never had a problem with the first one. itd be great if you could help me test it of tell me procedures to follow

Do the swap thang first! Tell me the results and then I'll be happy to help you wiht the rest if that is not the problem. I may be wrong, but I believe it is the PSU!!!

i have no clue how long it will take to find out, i dont know what to do find out and make it lock up.and my old one is a like 400 watt psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom