Random shutdowns while playing counter-strike: Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.. I'd stress your gpu with ATITOOL, see if it craps out.

Then stress the cpu.

Watch youre temps, and we can slowly figure it out.

Edit.. what is yyour psu?

If you don't know, the the numbers off the side of it... gotta open the panel to read it. Need, Watts and Amps on the 12V,

300W 8.0A i think? does that sound right? and that ati tool doesnt work it keeps crashing loll

oh and how many tests should i run on my cpu?

No, cant be 8As!... that could be your issue.... Is the 8A under a 12V? or are there 2 +ve 12Vs? and 1 -ve 12V?

How doers ATITool crash?

Run it till the temp levels... should be 5-10 mins.

12v1 8.0a and I ran it for 20 minutes, lowest temperature was 34 degress C and highest was 55 degrees C so its my power supply? also the game use to run perfectly on my machine, but past couple days its been doing this lol

edit: oh and when I order my new one (if this is the issue) how much watts/amp should I get? i need to find one under 100 dollars lol

Get yourself a digital multimeter and check the voltages on all the rails on idle and load.

all voltages have to be within 5%, as is the ATX standard.

yup later today ill take a power supply out of another computer to test it, just to see if the power supply is the problem, if it is ill order a new one, if not, ill let you guys know :p thanks for all the help

Porgram read outs are unreliable, Use the DMM..

You should have a DMM anyways, who knows when youll need it again, for your computer or someone you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom