Random shut-downs

Status
Not open for further replies.
could also be a power problem. do you have a UPS? surge protector?

Tried the UPS, the computer shut down within minutes of booting.

Asus boards do have a tendency to read voltages wrong. Not saying that it couldn't be correct. I would test the 12V with a DMM before I suspected too high of voltage. My M3A76-CM read 11.3V, but my multimeter (read AT the motherboard and GPU) showed 12.6V.

Try cleaning the entire case out. Taking EVERYTHING out. My computer was shutting down at random times because of a faulty motherboard riser, and causing it to short when the PSU wires were pressing on the motherboard.

Ok, pulled everything out of the case and it still happens. Looks like it's back to the drawing board.

Run Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and OCCT Website english They are both basically stress tests. Run MEMTEST first. Disconnect any non essentials from the computer. Don't let it run for just 15 minutes, make sure it is ran for AT LEAST 1hr, preferably longer. This will tell whether or not it's the memory causing problems. Run OCCT to test multiple things, such as GPU and CPU reliability and stability.

Run Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and OCCT Website english They are both basically stress tests. Run MEMTEST first. Disconnect any non essentials from the computer. Don't let it run for just 15 minutes, make sure it is ran for AT LEAST 1hr, preferably longer. This will tell whether or not it's the memory causing problems. Run OCCT to test multiple things, such as GPU and CPU reliability and stability.

Ok, I downloaded both Memtest and OCCT, both of which detected no errors. I ran the Memtest for over an hour and ran all the tests in OCCT for an hour each. So I guess that counts out the RAM, CPU, Power supply, and graphics being the cause of the issue? Funny thing is, my computer didn't shut down once during the diagnostics. It's been running smoothly all night. Very frustrating! I'm now inclined to think the Motherboard is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom