In Runtime
hey guys, I'm having trouble with my system, my specs are

AMD 3700+ S939 proc
MSI neo2plat MB
74GB raptor hard drive
1GB OCZ gold DDR ram
6800GT AGP8x
480watt thermaltake power supply

now, I've been experiencing some wierd random restarts, 90% of the time occur when I play Dawn of war dark crusade on my computer. I used to play WoW no problem, only restarts on DoW, so I tried repairing it, still does it, and not only that sometimes it just restarts for no reason, usually when a few programs are up at the same time, like it's too intensive.

so my question is what the heck could it be?
I thought maybe it might be my HDD overheating, as I know the Rator 10K RPM hard drive heat up quickly, but I got an aftermarket cooler on it, and since it's winter ambient temperatures are down.

I think maybe it's my Power supply, as it's thermaltake and not very good for a 480watt, but would that really restart my comp this often?

Virus? Spyware? adware? maybe I just have a bug that randomly restarts my computer?

anywho any help is appreciated guys, and thank you.

Possibly your graphic card or CPU, may be overheating. Monitor the idle and load temperatures, and post back. That Thermaltake PSU should have enough power and amps to run that system.

Disable reboot on system failure. Right click my computer>>properties>>advanced>>Startup and Recovery settings>>

Uncheck Automatically restart.

If you get a blue screen please post as much information as possible. Note any Stop 0x0 errors. If your system just restarts consider running a memory test and check temperatures.

Your power supply is sufficent for your hardware components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom