random restart...

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezzz

Baseband Member
Just got a random restart WITHOUT bsod while having about 15 firefox tabs open, no games, downloading, or anything else was going on though. Wondering what tests I should do if any, and what this could mean? My rig is in my sig and is only about 1 month old.

Just opened everything running at the time to see if problem re-occured. Opened WMP11 to see this message "WMP was not closed properly. A damaged or incompatible plug-in might have caused the problem to occur. As a precaution, all optional plug-ins have been dissabled" I'm wondering if the clip i was playing caused this problem, or if this problem occured because of the restart?

If you have overclocked your system, it could be due to instability. So make sure you have enough voltage to the CPU, to stabilize the overclock.

Or it could be, that your system is overheating. What are the idle and load temperatures?

And has this just happened recently? Or does it happen often?

If it only happened one time it was probably due to one of the apps you were running. If it KEEPS happening, check your temps and do chkdsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom