Random Reboots only during Video Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygleris

Solid State Member
(Why yes, I see the random reboots topic up there, but I'm hoping that someone can help me narrow down the problem...)

My computer only randomly reboots when I'm playing video games. It does this on games as old as Diablo II all the way up to new high-end games like Black & White 2. I can't imagine it is an overheating problem, because I have two cooling fans inside, and one attatched to my video card, I believe. Maybe someone's had a similar problem?

Also, sometimes instead of it rebooting the computer, it just kicks me out of the game, with no warning message or anything.

Please help if you can, my computer was built for gaming, and that's the only thing I can't do on it now!

You might have some virus or spyware issues, and try to clear the dust out of the fans and the case

I actually ran 4 different anti-virus/spyware programs last night (Spybot Search&Destroy, Ad-Aware SE, Pest Patrol, and Avast Anti-Virus, in that order) It found a few things, and I haven't really tried to game for long periods of time since then. The inside is very clean though, I've only had this system for about a month now. If it was viruses, that probably happened because I was stupid and installed the anti-virus software last on my system, even after going online for drivers and such.

try to disable some list in msconfig maybe something is booting with your computer and attacking it :freak: hmm did you try to get rid of some dust and stuff like that, get a can of compressed air and blow it into the heatsink of the video card

kind of related question:

can you take can air and blow it on a heatsink upside down, so the really cold stuff comes out to cool it off? And i assume you can ONLY do this when the pc is off, so you wi=ont short circut anything.

Well... how can I check this? I have a heat monitor, but this only happens during gamse... wich are all full screen. I can't really predict when my computer is about to crash, so I can't quickly alt+tab out to check the temperatures before it dies.

Is there any temperature monitor program that shows the temperatures over other programs, sort of like the frame rates Fraps shows in the corner of the screen?

The games I play can't be Alt+Tabbed out of >.> Anyone who plays FFXI knows the pain of which I speak. Anyways, the problem is definately the program randomly exiting now. I haven't had a random reboot in a while, yet, it keeps randomly terminating the program often enough. I'm so sick of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom