Random Reboots - Error code provided

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAustin

Daemon Poster
I've been getting random reboots for about the past 2 weeks. It has happened 4 times in the past 2 days, and it's really starting to **** me off (especially today since I was in the middle of a tough skirmish in Company of Heroes)

The error code I found in Event Viewer is this:
Error code 1000000a, parameter1 0000bab3, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 806e4a8e.

The Microsoft page it takes me to after I report the error is telling me it's a device driver, however I've had this build for a little over a month and havent installed any knew devices (except a new harddrive today, but they happened before I got the harddrive anyway)

Anyone have some ideas? It has happened mostly while in game, but also while not gaming, so wth?

sound like a driver problem , try rollback driver on ur video card

First some versions of the Nvidia card drivers aren`t stable. Once you find a version that is stable with your video card, you should stick with them.

go to the Nvidia website and download the version of the drivers you were using before and install them.

do a system restore to before you installed the new drivers.

I've only installed one driver for my video card and that was the one from nvidia's site right when I got the computer. It's the same version as the latest currently on their website, but I guess I'll download it and install it just in case they changed something..

Ok, installed the latest nvidia drivers and still it happened earlier today.... anyone have any idea on what the error codes mean?

Well today my computer decided to mix things up a bit. Now instead of randomly restarting, it randomly freezes. Did it while playing FEAR and did it on the desktop. I found another code in the applications view of the event viewer and found a code 7000 which wasnt able to find a service, which happens to relate to the parallel port so I deleted that registry key which the site I found on google told me to do. Wow this is frustrating.

bmxfreakrider said:
possibly a dying chip of ram. take one out, try switching them around, and reseating them.

Wouldnt that give me a blue screen of death and saying memory dump? I'm pretty sure it's not faulty ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom