Random reboots - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I followed the diagnosis run thru to the letter. Still reboots while playing CoD2. Can't pin it down... Tested memory, ok. Temps on CPU, no higher than 31 deg C. No virus'. This problem arose right after my build up... as I was loading drivers and proggys... was a lot more consistant at that time. Thought it was my reset switch... removed plug, worked great for a few days until I tried CoD2. Not a PSU issue, have a spare, same problem. Checked to make sure RAM is in right Dimm... it is.
My system is:
Chaintech VNF4 Ultra mobo
AMD venice 3200 cpu
1 gig valueselect Corsair Ram with thermaltake heat spreaders
300 gig WD hd
Chaintech Geforce 6600 gt 128mg graphics
dual dvd burners, floppy with card reader, three case fans 2 80mm (one intake, one exhaust) and a 120mm exhaust.
I'm kinda stuck, thinking maybe it's a mobo issue... tried switching my RAM around, and running with one or the other, no change. same with swtiching slots. Any help would be really appreciated... as my frustration level is rising quickly

Jim L.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

what does the error message say?

The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 02-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Okay... it shows up this error on a regular basis
The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>>[date][notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx()
Winsock2 API

This is the error that has the tendency to show up on bootup... I dunno if this is helpful or not...

And I had the suggestion that it could be the PSU.. I swapped it out... no change.. same problem
Closed Thread