Status
Not open for further replies.

beltz02

Solid State Member
Nice work I'm having that problem right now...heres what I got:

Restarting problem.
Components:

Cube Parts (all new)
Aspire X-Qpack - Clear Windows & 420W Blk/Blue (case) / custom 420 Watt Power Supply

Mach Speed Matrix P4M800 Socket 478 Motherboard

Intel Celeron 340 2.93Ghz 533FSB Socket 478

Ultra 256MB PC2100 DDR 266MHz

pqi POWER Series 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 266 (PC 2100) System Memory

DIAMOND Stealth S85AGP Radeon 9250 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card

a few days ago my computer was just restarting on its own when I wasn¡¦t doing anything and sometimes when I was.

Option1.
I went into my computer „³ properties„³advanced „³ unchecked the restart option on error

Result:
No luck

Option2.
I thought it might be the heat
Its running at 29-30 degrees C which is 86 degrees. The shut off is 140 degrees Fahrenheit. So I shut off that option in the BIOS

Result:
No luck

Option 3
I thought it might be the RAM so I tried each of them seperatly with the same result occurring each time

Option 4.
I thought it might be a windows xp registry issue, So I reinstalled a fresh copy.

Result:
Interestingly enough, it made it through the installation with no restarts. However, I went to plug in my usb flash drive to install antivirus software (before I was on the internet) and it restarted instantly when I plugged it in.

Another interesting thing was that each time I tried to update drivers for the onboard soundcard it would restart. So I uninstalled the driver completely. It would make it all the way into XP and then as windows searches for the driver, and then when it said your hardware is blah blah¡KRESTARTED

So I disabled the soundcard in the bios. This game me roughly 25-30 minutes of no restarts but then it did it again. Almost seeming more frequently

I¡¦m at a total loss here¡K.any help at all would be great, and I thank you in advance

as Elbatrop1 said the power supply, I'm going to check on that tomorrow. I have a 420 watt and its custom with my Aspire cube case. If thats the problem I could be in trouble

I'm guessing you have onboard audio, the audio controller might be corrupted/bad. Considering/guessing it onboard your motherboard will need replacement. Have you tried a linux live CD?

Nope I havent tried any linux. How does a motherboard become corrupted anyways?

I'm not 100% sure but age/runtime, poor build, electrical spikes/sags or constant unclean power source...kinda like your transmission in your car, some will die, some will run forever under proper conditions...

interesting. This is the 2nd motherboard in less than 2 months then...something else has to be wrong also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom