Random Rebooting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si121

Solid State Member
My PC's been randomly restating loads for quite a long time now. We've actually gone out and bought a new PC now. I'm hoping that I can sort out the old one for my room though. It tends to crash when it's been on for a few hours but mostly when I use a web camera or listen to music. Pretty much anything that takes up a bit of processing power. I've run the suggested PC Wizard program and the processing temperature was showing up as over 70 degrees. I take it this is over what it should be. Another problem we have is the constant fault in internet explorer. Or firefox, or whatever browser we use. It will come up with this computer has performed and illegal operation. Once it does it once, it does it constantly. I reformatted incase some kind of spyware of software installed was causing the problem. Even half way through the format, it rebooted.

I'm not the best on computers so what do you experts suggest I do? Is it likely to be a temperature problem or a hardware problem? Should I get a technician out? All help will be greatly appreciated. :)

It seems more than likely to be temperature related. Open the side of your case and look at the CPU fan. Is is coated in dust? Does it spin while the computer is turned on?

If you answered yes to the first, or no to the second question, then we have easily found the cause of your CPU to overheat.

well I'm not one of those computer wizards but I'll give the best advice i can. First off, what CPU are you using? Is it showing 70C is BIOS and if so... 70 is pushing it a little. My P4 3.0 runs at about 60-65C, it's a little warm but 70 getting up there. Could be a temperature problem. Check what you have the max-out setting at, if it goes at or above this setting then your PC usualy tells itself to shut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom