random reboot after POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenovandread

Beta member
I have been having trouble getting my computer to stop re-booting after POST. I have checked the video card, the power supply, the hard drive, and most other non-system board components.
Here are the some of the components I bought:

DFI Lanparty UT CFX3200-DR Socket 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon XPRESS 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3300822AS 300GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2000MHz HT 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 Edition 256MB DDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P4 650W ATX12V 650W Power Supply

any help would be great i think it mite be a bad mobo but i can get into the BIOS just fine but it restarts when i try to install windows but i did get it to install on anouther build at school

Make sure the CPU fan is working. Sometimes if it doesn't spin, the computer will restart right off the bat.

all of the fans are working everything works fine untill it starts to install windows it will ether reboot right after the POST or once it starts installing windows

Xeno, (this is ryan)

Something crossed my mind, download a copy of ultimate boot cd http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

we might have to tweak some settings on the mobo.

I'm a friend of Xeno's and I've been helping him troubleshoot

Things that have been eliminated:
VideoCard has been swapped
Harddrive has been tested in another machine
Powersupply has been swapped and the rails are stable under load

none of these attempts have been fruitful

could this be a symptom of the processor operating at the wrong frequency (due to a mobo jumper/setting)

-T1

Resolved!

we figured out the problem

It turned out it was a RAM pairing problem, in my inexperience with dual channel memory I placed the 2 sticks in slots right next to each other when they wanted to be on the 2 seperate channels, silly me :)

I suppose thats what color coding is for....

-T1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom