Random Pixels on my screen! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Random Pixels on my screen!

Well first, I was playing games on my computer all of a sudden the graphics went to 2d graphics. I alt tabbed and it worked, but it kept popping up again and again. So the last time I did it, it crashed. As soon as I turn the computer back on, small pixels came out of no where. There was no problem there. But when I tried to play any game, the pixels started making columns of themselves, not making me able to see to play and so, it crashed.

Everytime I turned off the computer, more and more pixels started popping up crashing more often! I can't even see at safe mode let alone the loading screen. Please help me! I've tried system recovery, i scanned for viruses. It's also gotten to point where I can't even see my desktop! I don't know if I posted in the right section but please help me here!

Old 09-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via MSN to iPROTechman
Default Re: Random Pixels on my screen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaculateV View Post
Well first, I was playing games on my computer all of a sudden the graphics went to 2d graphics. I alt tabbed and it worked, but it kept popping up again and again. So the last time I did it, it crashed. As soon as I turn the computer back on, small pixels came out of no where. There was no problem there. But when I tried to play any game, the pixels started making columns of themselves, not making me able to see to play and so, it crashed.

Everytime I turned off the computer, more and more pixels started popping up crashing more often! I can't even see at safe mode let alone the loading screen. Please help me! I've tried system recovery, i scanned for viruses. It's also gotten to point where I can't even see my desktop! I don't know if I posted in the right section but please help me here!

Welcome to Tech Forums.

It sounds like your graphics card has malfunctioned Have you got any spare ones to try in your system?

Old 09-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Agreed, try throwing a different GPU in there, sounds like it gave out on ya.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

OK. I think I have my old one, if it works i'll let you know! Thanks for replying
Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yea, it was the graphics card, thanks I'll get a new one soon :S
Closed Thread