Random monitor "crashing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgilbert07

Beta member
So... I've been contacting several support communities the past couple of days to try to resolve the issue I'm having and I keep getting it's probably a hardware problem so I'll post here.

So far this has only occured when I play World of Warcraft. I just purchased a brand new machine through Ibuypower.com and it came to be through the mail and I will post the dxdiag info below. What happens is after anywhere from 1-2 hours of playing my monitor will suddenly go black and it'll come back as having "no signal" and the computer will either go to the choose a way to startup screen (safe mode, networking, normally, etc) or it just won't respond at all and I'll have to hold the power button to shut it down. I use CPUID HWMonitor to ensure temperatures aren't getting excessively high, and the highest I usually see is around 120F. I also use Who Crashed, but it's only been able to get a crash dump file once when this happened and it looks like this:

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Sat 11/12/2011 4:58:50 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111211-14336-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT] (nt+0x4B16CC)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8008257338, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR[/FONT]
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

Dxdiag info:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
[/FONT]BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/20/10 09:47:36 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8138MB RAM
Page File: 1621MB used, 14653MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode
[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]
[/FONT]
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 550 Ti

The dxdiag file is extremely large so I didn't want to copy&paste it all, but if anyone wants to see more info I can give it. I'm thinking it's my power supply which is a 600 W PSU but I honestly have no idea how to find out if that's enough to run my setup. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom