Originally Posted by J78628
I was wondering if anyone can help me. I had Windows 7 installed but I decided to change back to XP yesterday. However, my system randomly freezes and I can't use the mouse/keyboard and if I am watching a video the video will freeze and the speakers will make a funny noise. Also, when I say random I've noticed so far it only happens when I'm using the internet (Chrome or IE) and happens at random times. Sometimes the system will hang for only 20 seconds or so but most of the time I need to restart.
Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is? I'll tell you what I've tried so far:
- Installed XP SP3
- Installed drivers for motherboard/graphics/sound/LAN
- Installed Google Chrome, VLC media player and Microsoft Office.
- I ran CCleaner to clean the registry and it fixed a few problems.
- I ran Memtest for around 5 hours and found no errors with my RAM.
- I ran hard-drive diagnostic from manufacturer website and found no errors.
- More worryingly, I re-installed windows and still have the same problem!
My spec is:
Gigabyte GA G31M ES2L motherboard
Intel Core Duo E4700 @ 2.6GHz
ATI Radeon 3400 HD 512MB graphics
No other devices installed
Any help would be much appreciated. This problem has been really annoying me because I use my computer for work too and it's taking up a lot of my time trying to figure out what could be wrong!
When you say your watching a video online do you mean youtube, google video or a online service such as netflix ?
I would start looking into what version of flash player you have, try to update to 126.96.36.199. or higher that is stable for you.
10.0 should be a good starter for you.
"Quote from Computer world.com"
Users running XP SP3 can determine which version of Flash Player is installed by calling up this Adobe page in their browser. Adobe has recommended that all users update to Version 188.8.131.52.