Random Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latty05

Baseband Member
hi my mates pc loads fine and everything but after about 30 mins it just freezes also when i try to play a game it freezes about 1 min into playing on it.
any advice?

Sounds like a possible driver conflicts, but you paint a very broad stroke in not saying much. Has he done anything to it lately? added anything? drivers, hardware, etc?? When was the late time he did any mantainence on it? Defrag? clean up? etc...

Open the case and take a look around. Make sure there isn't dust bunnies the size of chicken nuggets laying around in there. Overheating can cause lockups. Also like bmxfreakrider said, take out one stick of RAM and see if the problem persists. There is a program called "Speed Fan" that tests the temperatures in the computer such as the CPU, Northbridge, etc. You can download that here . Also if you have any type of Spyware removal program, run a full system scan with that.

right ok ive fiqured out the freezes are happening more often now i think its to do with overheating maybe the chip? i asked him and he said he cant remember if he put heat liquid on the chip. but the heatsink and fan are there.
any help?

right, get pcwizard and check your computer temps up till it crashes, we can work from there to prove if its over heating or not

hi there i downloaded pcwizard and i checked my processor tempreture not my mates yet i will when he gets back...mine is at 41C is that high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom