Ever since I built my computer from scratch about 6 months ago, I seem to be getting crashes randomly during games that have moderate to high graphics.
The games always crash in the same way with "[GAME NAME] has stopped working" message that i can close and doesn't reboot my computer.
I also occasionally get blue screens of death "with page fault in non paged area" message both when playing games and when not.
I've listed my build, games that crash and attempted trouble shooting i have tried.
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Motherboard
i7-2600k @ 3.4Ghz (not overclocked)
Corsair 8GB (2 x 4Gb) Vengeance DDR3 1866MHz CL9
EVGA GTX 560ti OC
Windows 7 64bit
Attempted Troubleshooting and Results
Games that crash
- RUN Memtest86+ once with no problems
- Run 3DMark11 with no artefacts or crashes
- Run Speedfan during 1 hour of BF3 at high settings with no signs of overheating.
- Underclocked graphics card to base settings.
- Reinstalling various games with no effect
- Reinstalled nvidia drivers
- Formatted HDD and reinstalled windows 7 with no effect
- Battlefield 3
- GTA IV
- Mafia 3
- Just Cause 2
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Dead Island
Any help is greatly appreciated.