Random Crashes

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
Hey guys,

So for a while now my computer has been randomly turning off when I'm in the middle of a League of Legends game, Minecraft, and sometimes just browsing the internet or watching Netflix. I installed Core Temp to check to see if my CPU was overheating and noticed that during League of Legends it gets up to 60 degrees Celcius or even a little higher.

Is this causing my computer to crash?

My CPU is : Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I54670K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics - Newegg.com

Hey guys,

So for a while now my computer has been randomly turning off when I'm in the middle of a League of Legends game, Minecraft, and sometimes just browsing the internet or watching Netflix. I installed Core Temp to check to see if my CPU was overheating and noticed that during League of Legends it gets up to 60 degrees Celcius or even a little higher.

Is this causing my computer to crash?

My CPU is : Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I54670K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics - Newegg.com

No 60c is completely fine, I think thats good for gaming as it can go to 75c or higher..

Have you checked your eventlog to see if any warnings or errors show? goto windows > search: event viewer, and check the logs just before it happens..

Log Name: Application
Source: WMI
Event ID: 10
Level: Error

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

And

Event ID: 41
Log Name: System
Source: Kernel-Power
Level: Critical
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

These errors occur within the same time of each other, when the computer crashes. Is there a connection?

Log Name: Application
Source: WMI
Event ID: 10
Level: Error

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

And

Event ID: 41
Log Name: System
Source: Kernel-Power
Level: Critical
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

These errors occur within the same time of each other, when the computer crashes. Is there a connection?

The WMI error 10 you received is to do with permissions / ports..

there is a hotfix on this site, and an explanation
https://social.technet.microsoft.co...windows-7-64bit-event-10-wmi-freezes-computer

Last edited:
I've both manually run the script to fix this issue and also did the Microsoft "Fix it" program to resolve the issue.

Will my computer stop crashing now in the middle of my game?

Checked GPU temps?

Does the whole system turn off when it happens, or just your monitor?

Are you able to turn it back on immediately when it does it, or does it give a Thermal Warning message on startup?

Made sure all your drivers are up to date?

I haven't checked GPU temps yet, is there a good tool you would recommend to do so?

Also the whole system shuts down, and after a couple seconds it boots back up, not just the monitors. No thermal warning message on startup either. My CPU core temps right now are between 95-105 degrees Fahrenheit. Usually my computer shuts down when I'm playing League of Legends, but it just shut down when I wasn't doing anything so I don't think it's the game anymore.

All drivers are up to date.

Full Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I54670K Desktop Processor Intel HD
GPU: EVGA 04G-P4-2978-KR GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support FTW ACX 2.0 Vi
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST320DM000 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drives (2) and Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive (2)
PSU: CORSAIR RM Series RM1000 1000W ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active
RAM: 24 GB Don't remember the brand though.

Also the GPU temps are 100 oF, 100oF, and 102oF. What concerns me is it says my fans on the Video Card are at 0 RPMs which can't be right...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom