Random Crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
Built my Rig in Dec, XP Pro SP2. Bout a week in I started having random BSOD when I relog onto the puter, after the screen saver kicks in. WinDbg says its KMW_Sys, which is the Kensington Mouse program.

Reinstalled it a few times, and nothing.
Since the last Microsoft update, Thusday, it is now crashing on it's own, with WinDbg giving
usbehci.sys (usbehci ! EHCI_POLLActiveASyncEndpoint+37)

And

AswMon2.sys (asmon2+6a1e)

It's crashed 20 times in bout 2 months with, with the first 15 being the kmw_sys, 3 being usbehci and 2 the aswmon.

I just uninstalled avast to see if that helps. And i do have my mouse as usb.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Last dump file:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.8.0004.0 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021708-02.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: srv*G:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 2) MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254
Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055c700
Debug session time: Sun Feb 17 10:48:26.734 2008 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:25.343
Loading Kernel Symbols
..............................................................................................................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck FE, {5, 89fbf0e0, 10de036d, 89b5cc58}

Unable to load image sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys

Probably caused by : usbehci.sys ( usbehci!EHCI_PollActiveAsyncEndpoint+37 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Well one thing that stands out for me is you have 4 gig of ram and windows XP only will recognize 3 gigs if I remember correct. But i am getting old so may be wrong. But it seems like a lot of errors. Try to take all the ram out but one stick and see if some of the errors clear up. I know this seems unrelated but when I have errors popping up from many directions that has been some kind of problem related to memory. Doesnt hurt to check.

Finally, got around to doing everything.

Pulled the RAM from 2 slots, and ran it for a week, but it came back. Switched RAM back into the other 2 free spots, but still happens.

Infact, now that RAM is down to 2Gig, I experience new symptoms. IE 7, explorer and firefox all freeze for a second. Minimizing then maximizing, will unfreeze it. Also, I randomly loose my mouse.

Also, now I can cause a repeatable BSOD, by having utorrenet and tversity running, then run my voice recongnize software for games. 90% chance of crashing.

I don't think it's bad RAM,and wonder if it's motherboard, xfx 680i, or Vid card eVGA 8800gt. One minidump reported corrupt memory, rest are as stated in the other post, usbehci.sys (usbehci ! EHCI_POLLActiveASyncEndpoint+37)

Oh, I also have a powered USB 2.2 hub, that my externals on.

Would anybody be able to comment on my minidumps, only have 3 as i did a forrmat, and/or help narrow down the culprit.

Thanks

Attachments

• aaDumps.zip
    65.2 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom