Random Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes3287

Solid State Member
Ok I just put in a Topic: Help with Server. Check it out if you might think you could help.

Now, I have a computer that has AMD 64 Athlon X2 4200+ AM2 Socket Processor. ASRock Motherboard. 1 GB RAM ( 2 512 DDR2).
160 GB SATA HD. GeForce FX 5200 128 MB Video Card.

When I have the Dual-Core option enabled in BIOS, computer will freeze evry time I play a game, video, or music. Other wise it just happens randomly. When the Dual-Core option is turned off I just get random freezes.

I've ran programs like Hijackthis and Prime95. I can't find any problems. I've also checked my RAM sticks can't find a problem there either. The CPU runs at about 40 C and mobo at about 32 C. Any other computer I've had the CPU and every thing runs at about same temp. So I don't think its over heating. I even opened her up and put a house fan on it for a while but it didn't help. Any advice would be much apreciated.

If you need any more info let me know.

I don't quite understand it but I updated my BIOS and the problem went away. If anyone knows how that worked I would like to know.

Usually bios will fix chipset problems and hardware compatability issues that arise. Think of it liking a software patch for a game, well this is a patch for problems discovered later or to add additional values in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom