Random BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
Im getting a BSOD at completely random times. I've looked for a lot of information pertaining to this sort of error im recieving.

Its a stop 0x00000124 Error. When im doing any sort of task with firefox/wow/etc it can crash and there are horrizontal black and orange lines going across my screen. then it restarts it self.

Sometimes i get a Hyper transport Sync Flood error. Press f1 to resumenter.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II X2 555 Calisto 3.2ghz (No OCing)
MSI 770-g45
XFX Radeon HD 4770
530W Raidmax PSU
(2x1gb) Kengsington DDR3 1066

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 85946024
BCP3: F60EA000
BCP4: CE000136
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072410-15132-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dawn\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41387-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I can attach These dump files if you wish But it crashed as i was posting this. Luckily Firefox saved my post

If you require more info i will post it.

whats your temps, and try running mem test to check your ram. id try a bios update and see if that fixes it

alright i did some research and came up with a few solutions to your issue.

solution number one via Google

"hypertransport sync flood error has occured. Press F1 to resume"

So there are a number of Scenarios that may cause this BUT they ALL lead back to the main reason. Not enough power to the CPU at the time that the heavy load produces failure.

1. To high of an OC without the ample amount of CPU volts.
2. Plain, not enough CPU Volts at any speed.
3. Possible Bad power supply.
4. Motherboard with very high amount of VDroop which ultimately leads back to "Not Enough CPU Volts". This will reveal itself with a load on the CPU. Maybe not during typical use. Could just be that the motherboard has CPU power providing issues as well (Good power from PSU but motherboard wastes the power before reaching the CPU).

also check what specs your ram needs for timings and voltages seems like somethings not getting enough juice some where.

The 0x00000124 error code is usually associated with the memory controller. I'm not really "up" on the names given to the different voltage options on an AMD system. But I think you should try increasing the CPU-NB Voltage.

I've been thru my bios and all of the voltages for everything is set to [Auto] and they're greyed out. so i cant bump it up any. I'll look and see what i can do to unlock that.

EDIT: Wow i feel like an idiot. hahahaha apparently you cant use the -+ keys on the top ofyour keyboard next to the backspace to change voltage. i used the Numpad for the **** of it and hey it worked. I bumped everything up one click or so we'll see how stable this is. If anything new happens ill come back and let you guys know whatsup.

Edit2: It lasted for a few hours like this. It still Bluescreened but didnt give me a hyper transport sync flood error. I've heard that the 4770 series cards have issues with causing Bluescreens. Any thought to this? Im at a loss for what to do. Should i get a new motherboard or a new processor? If i have to get a new motherboard im just going to get an intel one. If i did this would it screw up my windows installation with changing motherboards?

Edit3: Ran Memtest thru 4 passes for a few hours and no errors came up.
Yesterday i left it completely alone and didnt do anything to it at night. and I woke up this morning on the Hypertransport error screen. So it happens even when no stress is on the PC at all.

Edit4: Sorry for all of the edits but i keep finding info the more i go. I downloaded CPUID HWMonitor and im monitoring my temps. My CPU itself is a chill 26C but my Graphics card is at a blistering 53C-54C on idle. I've got the side of the case off and a fan blowing on the graphics card which has brought it down to 47c for now. I've got no idea why it would be running so hot for just idle. I've got Dualscreen monitors one at 1440x900 and another at 1280x1024 resolutions. Possible suggestions/ new arising theories?

Could this mean my CPU is just kaput? I've had this system for a few months with no hiccups at all and no internal changes other than when i first built the system. Can cpu's just go loopy like this after a while due to a manufacturing error or what?

Edit5: Well i got the hypertransport error again. after thinking that it was fixed. I took a screenshot of some of my voltages with HWMonitor. That i will attach here. Why does +3.3v reading not = 3.3v and same with my 5v and my 12v those voltages dont seem right at all.

Attachments

• fdsa.png
    fdsa.png
    8 KB · Views: 236
try to see what your voltages are in bios should be under the power tab sounds like possibly a fault power supply do you have another power supply you could possibly use to test and see if your psu is bad. id try the power supply before jugging the cpu as bad.

try to see what your voltages are in bios should be under the power tab sounds like possibly a fault power supply do you have another power supply you could possibly use to test and see if your psu is bad. id try the power supply before jugging the cpu as bad.

ya i gota 600w psu from my last build a few years ago. its lasted me forever. xDDD anyways i'll go test that new PSU out. I also tried changing the ram slots over to the second dual channel and then swapping them and then with each one alone so i dont think its something wrong with my RAM.

Ill post back n see if the PSU swap helped.

I've come to the conclusion that i want to get an intel motherboard/proc for this system and just replace the 2. Im tired of screwing around with this AMD hunk of junk. i've changed voltages tested ram. changed power supplies.

Not sure if i should make a new thread but when i swap the motherboard will i need to prep my system for the new motherboard isntallation or can i just plug my hard drive into the new Motherboard?

what ever ya wanna do man. ive been running amd for years and i love it. and just cause you switch to intel doesn't mean you wont have the same problems. and naw ya shouldn't have any problem besides having to reinstall the os or trying to repair your current installation. there's something in your rig that's not working right thats all it boils down to.

try updateing your bios and see if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom