Random blue screen crash

brump

Solid State Member
So here is the backstory.

I had noticed a certain screen flickering or lines popping up during games a few days prior to the calamity, like the thing you see when you overclock over the limit. The thing is, I haven't done any overclocking for months and had been using the factory setting. All was fine until now.

Just some days earlier my laptop suddenly got a blue screen crash during gaming, and since then, I had been having BS crash every now and then, not necessarily during gaming. Now it's gotten so unstable it could BS crash when I click "Start" button, or opening IE, or opening an exhaustive application, etc. In fact I fear it crashes again when I'm typing this!!:neutral:

Thought it had to do with GPU. Updated to latest driver, after a few restarts, during one time the Window Update also said something updated require restart, etc etc...

Managed to start games up before upto the menu, but it crashes again. It could also crash when I'm just browsing wikipedia.org. It could crash after watching 1 hours of video. Or sometimes it doesn't.

If it crashes at all it's always the blue screen crash, sometimes citing IRQL_not_less_or_equal or Bad_(memory?)management or Paging_in_nonpage_something. Something like that.

I'm glad I made this far without crashing. Can anyone at least point me in the right direction as to what has gone wrong? Thanks, really, for anything.

Note: No I didn't do anything to hardware. Didn't do anything of importance to software either. Laptop 1 year old, 6G ram, intel core i3 2.3GHz Dual, GeForce 520M 1G VRam.

Last edited:
To start off with the simplest suggestion: your fans are working correct? No dust or anything like that? The laptop doesn't feel hot or anything?

Also, have you dropped the laptop at any point? Maybe try running CHKDSK

It could be a memory error or it could also be that there are heat problems. But from what I hear that it is random and the timings are so off. Im leaning more towards it being a memory problem.

Don't mean to dig it up, just want to say thanks.
Paid considerable sum of money to check, turns out it's a malfunctioned 4 years-old RAM chip.

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom