Random black screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

This is really getting on my nerves. I'm getting random black screens on my computer. I just re-installed Win 7 less than 20 minutes ago. Now, during the middle of my SP1 install it black screens on me. I have installed nothing else on the computer. Verified the power supply is good. Verified it's not the video card, verified it's not the monitor. The only way to restart the computer is with a hard reset. I've tried removing all components except for the bare essentials, HDD and 1 stick of memory.......results are no better.

I've verified the system is not getting hot.

I'm using onboard video. Although I have a PCI-X card I'd like to use when I get this resolved. : (

Components:

Mobo: BioStar TA790GXB A2+
CPU: AMD Phenom II X940
Memory: OCZ 4GB(2x2GB)
HDD: Western Digital SiliconEdge Blue SSC-D0064SC-2100 2.5" 64GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2

Any ideas?

PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2
It might be a long shot, but please if you can check the voltages in your psu if your computer has crashed a few times with a black screen of death I have a feeling your psu maybe at fault here.

From what I've read the only components left in question are the cpu and the mobo. Of the two I would say the mobo is the most likely culprit. If the CPU was dying I would expect to see some file corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom