Rampage and memory issues

funkoligy

Baseband Member
Hi i have 6 memory slots on a rampage III gene motherboard 3 red 3 black i purchase 2x8gb same memory spec as there was 3x2gb already on board. When i add the 2 x8gb it does not read it and i loose a 2gb stick system showing 4gb total.When i install 2x8gb on there own its fine it shows 8GB usable then i add the 3x2gb together or one by one and it will not read the memory and reduces the 8GB to 6GB strange any one had this issue before and where am i going wrong?

By your assigned problem my assumption is that this is an Asus motherboard.

If you have 6 memory slots, this means it is running in triple channel mode which means it wants three memory channels to match. Hence the 3 black and 3 red.

As this is part of there ROG Overclocking boards they can many times be very picky on detecting RAM and being able to utilize it proper.
I can only say I have only heard of 1 person ever get two different sets of RAM to work on those motherboards.

My recommendation would be to run Sell the 3 sticks of 2GB and buy another 4GB stick of the exact same you have and run them togather

Back
Top Bottom