Ram is ... ugggh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshea093

Solid State Member
Ok... bad week thus far,

I came back from work to find my main computer (3200 amd socket A, ECS motherboard, 1gig corair value ddr 400 ram etc...) blank screen, like it was sleeping (sleep not enabled mind you) so I turned it off with the pw button, then restarted... no beep, no post at all.

Crap...

So I put in a brand new power supply...
Same thing...

So I put in a working AGP video card, different from previous one...
Nothing...

I put in new ram, and again nothing....

When I pull out all ram, I get the "no ram you suck" error post beep code.

I put in other ram from other working machines, that does nothing, but it's good ram- it works in Machine Good, doesn't in Machine Bad, then works again in Machine Good-

So i take a second computer, that isn't up and running since it has no ram, but worked previously (about 2 weeks ago before I removed it's ram for another computer) and I put this ram from my main computer into it- nothin....- I put different ram from all I tried before (but works with other computers) - nothing- I try the brand new ram....-nothing-

So i do the stupid thing, take a working computer and put my other ram into it to test it...

Now that computer won't start up, regardless of original setup or any combo of items...

What's with my blab? Well, my question is. after checking out all my ram, one stick (from the original computer) has a bit of grey markings on 2 of the chips, possible burn marks? I'm not sure, but my question is - could this recently dead ram chip have killed all of the ram slots it's touched?

Keep in mind, all 3 motherboards/computer worked fine before inserting one of these **** "dead pc" ram sticks, and no longer post unless you remove the ram... in which case it gets ****ed...

(as i'm typing this, the 2nd computer/mb I tried before, now will give me a 1 beep post!!!! but does nothing beyond that... crap!)
\

All other components have been tested, but I don't know what to do? Did I really F'up 3 mb's? How does that happen? I've had ram die before, and nothing get's botched but the ram... now I have to replace 2 boards for sure, and think about the 3rd... not cool!

And ideas would be great- I've pulled the bios battery, pulled the cpus to let em "unlock" as some have recommened... the only thing is, I haven't done a controled check on the ram, I don't want to kill ANOTHER board...

/ leh sigh

Is that where, instead of pulling the bios battery and power- I have to set a jumper to clear it?

Yes You need to change the pin i believe with the power off and the tower unplugged. Switch the pin for about 30 seconds then put it back on the original pins and restart. Ive never had bad ram hurt a MOBO before. And Ive had a lot of bad ram cause I build a lot of old computers with used parts.

Man o man something really went crazy with this stuff...

Ok so i just dropped about 600 bucks on newegg, new CPU, MB, RAM, Videocard- and now when I was dinkin around with the monitor on someone else's computer- IT broke too! WTF, jeeze, i checked the cable, changed cables and the power, but the monitor detects signal but doesn't light up- before my computer died that monitor was fine, no real issues, now i'm in the hole for another 200 bucks! sheesh!....

ahh, seems like you got a case of the AWW SHITS...think tho, what caused the ram to go bad? posssibly the ps. u get a new one? and for monitor, leave it unplugged for aday, and try it again. ive gotten many monitors this way, the monitor will crap out, so the peeps sell it, by the time i get it, it works great! speaking of, im using 2 17" ones right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom